1. Cash, PayPal or Card payments (Credit and Debit cards) are accepted.
2. Credit cards may incur an additional charge.
3. VAT to be added at the current rate on all quoted pries.
4. Payments are made at the end of the job.
5. The prices indicated are labour only unless otherwise stated.
6. If materials are required then we will charge a maximum of one hour to collect the parts.
7. A contract will need to be agreed and signed prior to any works on larger jobs
8. A deposit of 50% is required for quoted works or pre-agreed works to secure a booking. (Receipt issued)
9. Parking, materials ULEZ and congestion charges apply accordingly - This allows us to keep our charges for work realistic without adding in the preliminary costs. Our vehicles will not park illegally.
Parking charges are additional. Where possible please make parking or permits available. This is unfortunate and the rising costs of parking and fines will push up our hourly charge if we were to incorporate the costs into our hourly rates. Congestion Charge is charged if your property is within this zone.
# Mileage may be charged at £1 per mile for non local jobs (Only if stated).
Standard Terms and Conditions:
A. Installation Work:
1. All electrical installation work will comply with 18th Edition BS7671:2018 and any amendments in force at the time of the works.
2. All electrical installation work will comply with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the works.
3. Where work is to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume that the existing installation is in adequate condition and complies with minimum current regulations. Any works found required to bring the necessary parts of the existing installation up to standard will be at agreed additional cost or otherwise notified to the customer.
4. Where agreed beforehand, chases to walls, etc will be re-filled to 2mm below plaster finish depth, however final finishing of skim coat plaster and final decoration is excluded.
5. Whilst undertaking the installation work at the property, the client is required to provide water and power free of charge
1. Clearing and / or moving of furniture and other items blocking access to work areas are not included.
2. Except where detailed, builders work (creating of holes larger than 50mm diameter, creating of support structures, etc) are not included.
3. Re-decoration and final making good is excluded from quoted costs, unless specifically detailed as included.
4. Removal of finished flooring including vinyl, laminate, wood and carpet.
5. Filling of plasterboards cut out sections & larthe and plaster.
6. Installation of any finished flooring (floor boards will be re-fitted where removed and any broken boards will have to be replaced at the clients cost).
C. Extras and Variations:
1. All extra work requested is regarded as a variation from contract price and must be agreed prior to commencement of these additional works.
2. Materials if not agreed at the start of the works will be charged additionally and a deposit to cover the cost will be paid in full. Work to collect/install materials will not commence until this payment has been received.
1. The costs quoted assume continuous and unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with you.
Unless stated otherwise, the costs quoted assume standard working hours between the hours of 08:00 hrs - 17:00 hrs Monday to Friday inclusive. Work required outside these hours may attract out of hours premium rates.
2. Any additional work not covered in our quoted costs will attract additional charges.
3. Variations may be agreed via emails and invoices between customer and contractor.
4. All figures quoted are valid for a date of 30 days from the date of the estimate or quotation and based on the days and hours as per agreement.
5. Offers not to be used in conjunction with any other offers.
6. A deposit of 50% is required for quoted works. This is refundable if the works are not started subject to any materials that have been bought, which will be deducted from the deposit with receipts provided.
7. Sale items, services and Offers are only valid within a 20 mile radius of our business postcode RM5 3DE.
E. Deviations from Building Regulations and BS7671:
1. All work where applicable, will be executed fully in compliance with applicable Building Regulations and BS7671 in force at the time of the work, particularly in respect of work in dwellings to allow the legal Part P obligations to be met. Where a Client requires deviation from such regulations, a written instruction and record will be required.
2. Deviations from BS7671 will be included in a risk assessment.
F. Risk and Title of Goods and Property:
1. The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the Client upon delivery.
2. All goods supplied shall remain property of Verve Electrical Services LTD until all sums due have been paid in full.
The client is responsible for ensuring that the property is insured for the duration of the installation work.
1. Verve Electrical Services LTD guarantees its installation work to be defect free for a period of twelve months from invoice date. Such cover does not extend to goods not supplied by Verve Electrical Services LTD physical damage to products, or any instance where the original installation has been altered or tampered with subsequently by third parties
2. Environmental damage to installations are not included in the guarantee e.g. rodent damage, flooding
3. Accidental damage is not included which included water damage or flooding
4. Any work that is regarded as a 'temporary fix' as stated in the invoice is not included
1. Unless agreed in writing payment in full must be made on completion of the specified works to Verve Electrical Services LTD
2. Stage payments will be requested by prior arrangement where planned works take longer than 10 days. We reserve the right to request from you stage payments in the instance where works take longer than 10 days
3. If the contract sum, quoted/estimated works or final invoice has not been paid then the 12 Month warranty becomes invalid.
I. Dispute Resolution:
1. In the event of a dispute legal action will be sought.